The following is a three-day (75 minute periods) common core-based lesson/worksheet on the birth and development of Indian civilization. This worksheet includes a variety of activities that promote class discussion and critical thinking skills.
Topics covered include:
• Indian geography
• Indus River Valley civilizations – Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro
• Caste System
• Mauryan Empire
• The Golden Age of India – The Gupta Empire
Activities used include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions
• Creative story activity – Hinduism
• Buddha Breaks it Down – Four Noble Truths
• Venn Diagram – Hinduism vs. Buddhism
• Enormous amounts of discussion opportunities
• Over 20 fact-based and critical thinking questions
I also offer this worksheet in a bundle with several other ancient civilization worksheets.
Bundle #2 - Ancient Civilizations - Global/World History Common Core
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. If you have a moment, please rate this worksheet. Thank you!