145+ thought-provoking and class discussion-worthy questions on the award-winning novel by Richard Wagamese - Indian Horse.
17 pages in total, well-formatted and headlined, along with some images related to the events in the novel.
I haven't been able to find anything like this online yet, but this novel is a definite "up-and-comer" in high schools across Canada, and hopefully in the U.S soon! I desperately needed a student-level package of chapter questions developed for this novel, and I figured I'd roll up my sleeves and finally get it done.
Students are asked everything from:
* reporting what specific event happens in parts of the novel
* interpreting symbolism and motifs
* explaining their opinions and theories behind character motivations and certain important quotations
* identifying literary devices used in the vivid descriptions used by the author
* making predictions about what they think will happen next
* and many more!
(Bloom's Taxonomy is covered!)
This can be used as homework, as work to be completed in class, as discussion questions, as a guideline for what you'd like your students to pay attention to and consider as they read, etc.