This resource includes:
- Reading Passage on the Indian Removal Act with reading comprehension questions and link to summary skills
- A graphic organizer for both "The Annual Message to Congress" given by President Andrew Jackson and "To the Senate and House of Representatives" by Chief John Ross. The graphic organizer will prompt students to define unfamiliar terms and paraphrase the text. Comprehension questions are included for each speech and serve as a review for author's purpose.
- Introduction or Review of Rhetorical Appeals (Ethos, Pathos, Logos)
- Worksheet asking students to read a series of statements and identify which rhetorical appeal is used.
- An activity in which students are asked to select a speech and identify an example of each rhetorical appeal in the speech and explain how it meets the criteria of that appeal.
This activity is a great for a unit on Native American literature or the Indian Removal Act. All activities can be done individually, in partners, and in small groups.
Thank you in advance for your purchase.