Indiana History is a State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text to teach students about Native Americans in Indiana, Explorers, the French and Indian War, the American Revolution, Statehood, Indiana's Government, and so much more!
Indiana History includes TEN COMPLETE lessons. For less than $2.25 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Indiana's History:
• Questions after each Indiana lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues~great for ELL Students
• Creative, Expository, and Persuasive Writing assignments
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Grid Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following directions to build a Covered Wagon model~all patterns and step-by-step directions included!
Indiana's Native Americans
The Fur Trade
French and Indian War
Proclamation of 1763
The American Revolution
The Northwest Territory
The Indiana Territory
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Indiana Writing activities.
Download the Indiana History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, sample lessons and Indiana activities.
OUR OTHER MIDDLE WEST REGION RESOURCES:
MIDDLE WEST INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – GREAT LAKES + GREAT PLAINS!
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING INDIANA HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.