This resource is suitable for NAIDOC Week, Sorry Day, Reconciliation Week, Australia Day, Indigenous, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, General Australia Studies and more.
Many suggestions for this resource came from my lovely friend Catherine who works with the Martu community in Western Australia. All proceeds from the sale of this resource for the first month will be donated to help support the Martu people.
* Recommended Resources
* Brief Introduction to the History of Australia/Survival/Invasion Day
* Brief Introduction to the History of Sorry Day
* NAIDOC Week Overview and History
* Flags, Symbolism and Colouring for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flags
* Map of Language Groups
* Famous Indigenous Australians
* Indigenous History Timeline Cards and Activities
* Noongar Language Image and Label Card Games
* Bush Tucker I Have Who Has Game
* Writing and Drawing Prompts
* Poetry Prompt
* Images for Inference/Picture Study
* Character Study Graphic Organiser
* Preschool Activities
* Sensory and Dramatic Play/Invitation to Play Ideas
* Arts and Crafts Suggestions
* Correlates to All Australian Curriculum Standards for History from Foundation to Year 5
This pack includes suggested activities and games for Preschool through to Year 6 so it can be used for multi-age teaching or for home educating families.
Find more ideas and activities on my 'Indigenous Studies'
and my 'Australian Adventures'
You can find more Australian Studies Resources here:
Australian Government, Elections and Laws
Australian History Timeline Cards, Games and Activities Pack 1
Indigenous Australians, NAIDOC, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Pack
Australian Historical Figure Masks for Role Play Games
If you are homeschooling in Australia you may also like my Sample Education Goals for Prep/Foundation through to Year 8
Like Freebies? Find all of my free resources here.
To Get the Most Value from my Store and my Resources:
Find lots of great ideas and extension activities
(almost all free) on Pinterest
Be the first to know about sales and freebies
, find out what goes on behind the scenes or message me with special requests
. and Instagram
Keep up to date with new releases and resource updates
(once you have purchased a resource then all updates are free!) by clicking on the green star near the top of this page.
Earn credits towards your next purchases
by leaving feedback on the resources you buy (click on the 'My TpT' dropdown menu, go to 'My Purchases' and then click on products to leave feedback.
Note for Australians:
Please note that the price for this resource is in US dollars. If you are from Australia the price will be converted when you go to make a purchase.