This timeline lesson covers the conflicts, battles, and massacres between white settlers and the indigenous nations.
- Students will evaluate the impact of the Indian Wars from 1860 to 1890.
- Using the Indian Wars Handout, students will plot the important events of the Indian Wars on a timeline and learn to summarize each event with a short sentence.
- Afterwards, students can complete the reflection as an extension activity or assessment.
Also Included: Reading Like a Historian: Battle of Wounded Knee in an easy to read/modified format. Students determine who is truly responsible for the Battle of Little Bighorn by looking at a secondary source and two primary source accounts.
Excellent for common core strategies.
Included in this Lesson:
- Bulleted Reading on Indigenous Wars (1860 - 1890)
- Student Timeline Worksheet
- Student Reflection Worksheet
- Reading Like a Historian: Battle of Wounded Knee