Indus Valley Civilization - Print and Digital Vocabulary about Ancient India
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Namaste! Use the 3 resources in this bundle to help your students learn about the geography, history, societies, religions, empires and emperors of Ancient India. The 73 vocabulary words and 12 charts teach students about 4,000 years of history!✓ Please note:* You'll save 20% by purchasing this buPrice $11.20Original Price $14.00Save $2.80
These 26 vocabulary words and definitions about the Indus Valley Civilization cover the geography, history, people, and places of Ancient India and Pakistan. They will help your students better understand your lessons about Ancient India and they’ll be better able to use these words correctly in their writing and class discussions. Both Print and Google Drive™ versions are included.
✓ Please note:
* This resource is available in a money-saving bundle that includes 2 other products about Ancient India, which you can find HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
* 26 vocabulary words about the Indus River Valley Civilization of Ancient India.
* 6 words that have multiple meanings.
All students, including English Language Learners at intermediate and higher levels of language proficiency.
* Students will better comprehend the texts they read and the information they hear from you by learning these words commonly used when discussing the Indus Valley Civilization.
* Students will be better able to participate in class discussions about this topic.
* The posters can be used to create a bulletin board.
* The flashcards can be distributed to students to use in class and at home to reinforce their learning.
* The digital version can be used as bell-ringers or exit tickets when displayed to the whole class.
What you get in this product:
★ A table of contents for easy reference (1 page)
★ A "Notes to the Teacher" section with explanatory information (3 pages)
★ Instructions for accessing the digital version (1 page)
★ A list of ELA Common Core standards this resource helps address (1 page)
★ A page listing the 6 vocabulary words that have multiple meanings and their alternate definitions (1 page)
★ A page listing 14 ways to use these vocabulary words (1 page)
★ A list of all the vocabulary words with their definitions, for easy reference (4 pages)
★ One set of 26 vocabulary words and their definitions, 8.5" x 11" poster-size in full color (1 page for each word and 1 page for each definition, for a total of 52 pages)
★ One set of 26 vocabulary words and their definitions, 8.5" x 11" poster-size in minimal color (1 page for each word and 1 page for each definition, for a total of 52 pages)
★ Blank templates for words and definitions in both full page, poster-sized versions, so additional vocabulary words and definitions can be added if desired (1 page each for 4 pages total)
★ One flashcard-sized set of 26 vocabulary words and their definitions in full color, with 2 blank templates (7 pages with 4 words per page and 7 pages with 4 definitions per page for a total of 14 pages)
★ One flashcard-sized set of 26 vocabulary words and their definitions in minimal color, with 2 blank templates (7 pages with 4 words per page and 7 pages with 4 definitions per page for a total of 14 pages)
★ Cover (1 slide)
★ 26 vocabulary words in color, 1 word per slide (26 slides)
★ 1 blank template slide for your own definitions (1 slide)
★ 26 definitions of words in color, 1 word per slide (26 slides)
★ 1 blank template slide for your own definitions (1 slide)
The words in this resource are frequently found in texts about the Indus River Valley Civilization. There is 1 word for each letter of the English alphabet. Vocabulary definitions are written in simple English so all students, including ELLs at intermediate and advanced levels of English proficiency, can understand the meanings. Each word and its corresponding definition comes in 2 sizes and 2 styles:
* Poster size, with 1 word or definition on an 8.5" x 11" page. You can print out this version, laminate the pages, and and use them as a word wall or a bulletin board display.
* Flashcard size, with 4 words or definitions per page. You can photocopy and distribute sets of flashcards for your students to use as references in class, at home, or in a center.
* Borders in full color.
* Borders only outlined in minimal color to save on printer ink.
Also included is a list of 13 ways you can use these vocabulary words to help your students learn them. In addition, 6 multiple meaning words are noted, which is especially helpful for ELLs. Blank templates are provided so you can add your own vocabulary words and definitions about the Indus River Valley civilization if you wish.
Explanatory information and a list of ELA Common Core Language standards this resource helps address are also provided.
If you are wondering, the photograph on the cover is from Lothal, one of the cities of the Indus Valley Civilization. I took the photo when I visited this archaeological site when I went to India on a Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad program.
You can use this resource remotely in 3 ways:
1) Photocopy the flashcards and send them home to students. Tell them to review a few of the flashcards each day.
2) Display the poster-sized words on your screen and ask students to write or tell you their definitions; you can do this as a whole class or in breakout groups. You can also display the definitions and have students tell you the words; they can also do this as a whole class or in smaller groups. You can even gamify it by putting the students into breakout rooms as teams and giving points to each group that gets the words and definitions correct.
3) Display the words and definitions in the digital version and have your students do the various tasks on their own devices, on paper, and/or in breakout rooms or as a whole class.
Other products you might be interested in:
★ Ancient India: Aryan, Hindu & Buddhist Vocabulary
★ Ancient India Emperors and Empires: Charts for Reading & Writing, Word Searches
★ English Words with Hindi Roots: Posters & Flashcards for 25 Words
★ Ancient India Indus Valley Civilization Vocabulary Boom Cards™
★ End of Year Ancient & World History Persuasive Writing Activity
★ ESL Word Walls: Essential Content-Area Vocabulary for ELLs in Grades 5 - 8
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comment & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.