The Industrial Age & Urban Society (1865-1914).
The Industrial Age & Urban Society UNIT download includes a total of 6 **editable** PowerPoint presentations, 18+ graphic organizer pages, study guide and 3-page test (teacher key included). The study guide and test are Word documents which can be modified or changed to meet the needs of your classroom.
By downloading this unit you are saving significantly more than if you were to buy each PowerPoint presentation and graphic organizer separately.
Here are the lessons found in Industrial Age & Urban Society UNIT:
Lesson 1: Railroad Barons
Lesson 2: Inventions That Shaped the 20th Century
Lesson 3: Monopolies & Sherman Antitrust Act
Lesson 4: Industrial Workers Trade Unions
Lesson 5: Immigration Act of 1917 and Chinese Exclusion Act
Lesson 6: Guided Age and Growth of Cities
UNIT: Industrial Age and Urban Society 1865-1914
Each PowerPoint presentation in this unit contains:
- Vocabulary (matched to the graphic organizer).
- Primary or secondary source excerpt(s) for students to interpret.
- An overall Thinking Focus Question (essential question).
- At least one or more: Make a Prediction, Make a Connection, and What Do You Think? questions.
Specific topics in this unit include:
Panic of 1873
Alexander Graham Bell
Kill Devil Hills
John D. Rockefeller
Sherman Antitrust Act
Mary Harris Jones
Knights of Labor
Liberty Enlightening the World
Chinese Exclusion Act
Immigration Act of 1917
The companion 3+-page graphic organizer that accompanies each PowerPoint presentation will help students organize, comprehend, and retain the information presented in the PowerPoint slides. Aligned to the Common Core standards, the well-designed graphic organizer consist of two-four pages entitled, “In-Class Note-Taking,” and one page entitled, “Applying My Knowledge.”
“In-Class Note-Taking” pages graphically organize the most important material in the PowerPoint presentations. These are the "nuts and bolts" upon which students should focus and take notes. Each graphic organizer is aligned to one or more of the Common Core standards.
“Applying My Knowledge” handout is designed to challenge students to apply the information they have learned from the PowerPoint presentations and the two page “In Class Note-Taking” graphic organizer. The assignment incorporates higher-level thinking skills and asks students to actively “do” something with the information to demonstrate their learning. This page can be used for homework or completed in class the next day.
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products.
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.
Thanks for coming to my store!