This Industrial Revolution ‘African Americans of Industry’ reading and primary source activity provides students with the opportunity to learn about the tragic oppression of African Americans, as well as their determination for new opportunities during the industrial age! Use this resource to supplement your lesson on the Industrial Revolution; students will instantly be captivated. This is available to print and as a Google Doc for paperless, Google Classrooms (link for Google Doc is at the end of the resource).
- Introductory information about the Industrial Revolution
- Primary source images of African American laborers
- Text and pictures about the “Great Migration”
- A historically relevant poem of the status of African Americans at the time
- Three follow-up short answer questions
- Three follow-up multiple choice questions
**Please give feedback (and you will earn TpT $$!), and ‘Follow Me’ so that you are the first to get updates and new products!
Check out these other primary sources!