Also included in
- This student-centered, 4-6 day lesson on the Industrial Revolution has everything that you need to teach about the laborers and the conditions that they faced! This bundle focuses on five different groups of people important to the industrial age. Throughout, they will learn important vocabulary, im$3.19$5.00Save $1.81
- This student-centered, 7-10 day lesson on the Industrial Revolution has everything that you need! This bundle focuses on seven different groups of people important to the industrial age: Throughout, they will learn important vocabulary, improve their reading comprehension, and read stories and biog$5.59$10.00Save $4.41
- **NEWLY UPDATED AUGUST 2020**Take a break once in a while, or to be more precise, a few times per quarter! This US History "Make Life Easy Each Quarter" bundle will ease your lesson-planning burden throughout the school year by providing you with four entire units (one per quarter) and six addition$31.98$57.26Save $25.28
- Be ready for the school year with this massive bundle of US History resources, AND SAVE LOTS OF $$. My smaller "Make Life Easy" Bundles were created to give Social Studies teachers a hand when it comes to lesson planning and instructional preparation. This "Big Bundle" combines all of those resour$47.98$93.74Save $45.76
This Industrial Revolution ‘African Americans of Industry’ reading and primary source activity provides students with the opportunity to learn about the tragic oppression of African Americans, as well as their determination for new opportunities during the industrial age! Use this resource to supplement your lesson on the Industrial Revolution; students will instantly be captivated. This is available to print and as a Google Doc for paperless, Google Classrooms (link for Google Doc is at the end of the resource). In addition, you can make your purchased PDF digital. By clicking the red "Create Digital Activity" box, you will have the option to add an interactive layer that will allow students to type on the PDF, annotate, highlight, and more (CLICK HERE for more info)!
- Introductory information about the Industrial Revolution
- Primary source images of African American laborers
- Text and pictures about the “Great Migration”
- A historically relevant poem of the status of African Americans at the time
- Three follow-up short answer questions
- Three follow-up multiple choice questions
Why stop here? You can get all six "People of Industry" readings PLUS an Industrial Revolution Test and Final Project, PLUS a Teacher Pacing Guide for only $6.99! CLICK HERE!
Looking for reading comprehension resources that can span the length of your entire US History course? Check out these activities!
Check out these other Industrial Revolution readings!