Do you need a Reading Activity Project to cover the Industrial and Agricultural Revolution? Then this bundle is for you. It includes access to my Google Drive Link, and all videos will be included for PPTs/Keynotes.
Here is what is included:
- Daily Plans
- Chapter Preview Sheets
- Agricultural Revolution presentation (11 slides) 2 different versions included
- A short video intro
- Industrial Revolution presentation I and II (38 slides) 2 different versions included
- Note-taking guide with questions
- 2 short videos, Industrial Revolution simulation from UCI
- Industrial Revolution reading
- Industrial revolution writing assignment
- Industrial Revolution worksheet for in class or HW
- Industrial Revolution Project
- Industrial Revolution Hard Version Test and Key
- Industrial Revolution Easy Version Test and Key
- Types of governments HW sheet/review with Answer sheet
- Crash Course Video guide with questions / answers / and vocabulary EP: 32 & 33.
- Industrial Revolution flowchart and graphic organizers for notes if needed.
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Flipped Classroom
- Famous Figure Evaluation
- Romanticism Activity
- Bonus videos to be added to the PPT's
"What an awesome bundle - it definitely complemented my I.R. unit. Thank you!!"
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 22 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
** EMAIL ME FOR THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK ** for the 10 videos in this bundle.
If you are interested in the THE FIRST SEMESTER OF WORLD HISTORY
this includes everything and more.
- 0. DAILY PLANS:
This is 2 weeks worth of plans for the Industrial Revolution. There is more than enough material for 3-4 weeks of teaching.
- 1. CHAPTER PREVIEW:
I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet. The chapter preview sheets take about 20 minutes to do in class.
2. PPT's/ Notes -
- 1. AGRICULTURAL REVOLUTION -
11 slide presentation to intro the Industrial Revolution. I have also included a short video to help visualize life before the AR.
- 2A. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION PART I -
21 slides that focus on the inventions of the IR.I have included a PDF sheet to take notes on and a reading HW: assignment for outside or in class.
- 2B. GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
This is for the notes on the Industrial Revolution.
- 2C. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION FLOW CHART
A great way to have the students do research on the Industrial Revolution.
Here is the links to the videos I used:
Life Before the Industrial Revolution
Wool and how it become cloth
Alexander Graham Bell video
Thomas Edison video
Guglielmo Marconi video
Henry Bessemer video
Wright Brothers video
Great Video of working /living conditions of Manchester
- 3. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION PART II -
38 slides that go through everything else regarding the social impact of the IR.
- 4. FLIPPED CLASSROOM GUIDE -
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
/ Activities / Worksheets -
- 1. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION WORKSHEET -
Industrial Revolution worksheet to be done in class. This is very traditional and is fill in the blank and define vocab.
- 2. TYPES OF GOVERNMENT SHEET HW-
Types of governments sheet. This can be used as HW or in class. I have also added an answer key to this assignment with an additional version.
- 3. LIFE IN THE INDUSTRIAL AGE -
This is your typical outline notes sheet. I created this as a quick way to wrap up the unit. This can be used with a World History book or just read off to the students. I personally have them look up the answers and then go over them in class.
- 4. ROMANTICISM ACTIVITY -
Teaching Romanticism is difficult and this activity is a great solution for teaching Romanticism, which is at the end of the unit.
- 5. FACTORY LIFE -
This is a great way to use primary source documents in the classroom.
- 6. FAMOUS FIGURE EVALUATION -
Having students evaluate these famous figures is a great way to have students dig deeper into these famous figures. It includes 6-page bios, a lesson plan, PPT, and a quote analysis sheet for each of them.
4. Simulation -
- 1. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION SIMULATION BONUS -
This is a fun simulation that is your basic factory simulation so that students can understand factory life. I got this for free from UCI.
- 5. DBQ / Writing Assignment -
- 1. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION DBQ -
Industrial Revolution DBQ. Not much to this other than research and writing. Feel free to take a look at some of my DBQ resources.
- 2. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION WRITING ASSIGNMENT -
This is an additional writing assignment that allows the teacher to mix it up year to year.
- 3. PARAGRAPH PROMPTS –
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
- 6. Readings -
- 1. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION READING
Industrial Revolution reading to be done at home or in class and can be gone over. It really discusses some of the working conditions of the IR.
- 6. Projects -
- 1. INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION PROJECT-
This is a great project that allows students to look at whether the IR was good or bad.
- 7. Video Guides -
- 1. MANKIND THE STORY OF US -
Mankind the Story of All of US Episode 10.
Here is what is included:
- A question sheet in WORD format that will keep the students following along.
- Answers to the question sheet
- A set of notes that can be referenced for a discussion following the video.
-BONUS: History Channel Mankind Story of US Guide
This 10th episode is good for either junior high or high school as it deals with REVOLUTIONS, Industrial Revolution, Factories, Opium War, Civil. I think this episode would work well with either Jr. High or High school.
Mankind embarks on a new age of exploration and tames the wilderness. In North America, Siberia and Australia, ancient traditions are swept away in the name of commerce and science. Within a hundred years, the irrational fear that produced a witch trial in Salem gives way to a very rational cry for freedom. American revolutionaries confront a mighty empire. The battle for the modern world begins. Two great revolutions entwine. The American Revolution inspires dreams of political and personal liberty. The Industrial Revolution replaces muscle power with machines, freeing Mankind from nature's limits. But our oldest foe–disease–thrives in industrial cities. With the American Civil War, the two revolutions collide. The world's first industrial war, it is a battle to define "freedom."
LINK TO VIDEO
- 2. CRASH COURSE -
Crash Course Video Guide EP 32 &33: Industrial Revolution and Socialism and Capitalism
CRASH COURSE EP. 32
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students:
This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video:
A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the:
My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section:
I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers:
There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz:
I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
Crash Course Video Guide EP 32
Crash Course Video Guide EP 33
- 3. DIRTY JOBS -
This is a great way to show the students what it was like to live and work during the Industrial Revolution.
- 4. VIDEOS -
I also added my top 27 favorite youtube videos that are all 3-4 minutes in length so that they may be embedded in the PPT.
- 9. Tests and Quizzes -
- 1. QUIZZES AND TEST
I have also included my quizzes and test for the unit. There is an easy version and a hard version of the test in this bundle.
- 10. Goals and New Year -
- 1. GOALS
This is my New Years lesson that allows the students to pause and think about how they want their year to go. How will you be different?
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog