This Industrial Revolution ‘Children of Industry’ reading and primary source activity provides students with the opportunity to learn about the shocking existence of child labor during the industrial age. Use this resource to supplement your lesson on the Industrial Revolution; students will instantly be captivated. This is available to print and as a Google Doc for paperless, Google Classrooms (link for Google Doc is at the end of the resource).
- Introductory information about the Industrial Revolution
- Primary source images of child laborers
- Text and pictures about “Newsies”- a favorite student topic
- Two first-hand accounts of horrifying child accidents at the workplace
- Three follow-up short answer questions
- Three follow-up multiple choice questions
***Please provide feedback (and you will earn TpT $$!), and ‘Follow Me’ so that you are the first to get updates and new products!
Check out these other primary sources!