Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Industrialization & Labor Unions of the Gilded Age No Prep Lesson: PowerPoint, Reading Passage, Activities, Quiz
This resource pack is a no prep complete lesson (GOOGLE version included!) about the industrialization that occurred in the U.S. and the labor unions that emerged during the Gilded Age that includes 3-5 days of materials. I will be adding an audio of the passage soon!
Includes: the growth of the railroad industry and its effects on other industries; the treatment of railroad workers; the creation of standardized time zones; the importance of petroleum and iron ore; farmer opposition of the railroad industry including the Grange and the Farmer's Alliance; the Interstate Commerce Act & the Interstate Commerce Commission; the People's/Populist political party; the expansion of capitalism and the emergence of monopolies; Andrew Carnegie; J.P. Morgan; John D. Rockefeller; the Panic of 1873 and 1893; Social Darwinism; the Gospel of Wealth; robber barons; Cornelius Vanderbilt; Jay Gould; the invention of the electric light bulb, telegraph, and telephone; labor unions including the National Labor Union, Knights of Labor, American Federation of Labor, American Railway Union, and the Industrial Workers of the World; and the Great Upheaval.
WANT TO TRY A FREE NO PREP LESSON? DOWNLOAD MY COLD WAR SUPERPOWERS TO CHECK IT OUT!
Looking for something more comprehensive? My Gilded Age curriculum unit is coming soon!
This lesson will be included in my Gilded Age Unit Bundle: COMING SOON!
Perfect for sub plans!
This lesson can teach itself. Students can easily check their own answers with the included answer keys.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quiz is also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quiz is also self-grading!
• 41 slide PowerPoint presentation that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes (PowerPoint presentation includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lesson)
• slotted notes page so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentation Editable slotted notes included!
• informational reading passage about the industrialization of the U.S. and the labor unions that formed during the Gilded Age (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 2 worksheet pages with 4 activities (key terms, dates & events, significant people, and a literacy connection) Each activity has two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quiz
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• GOOGLE Form self-grading quiz
• AUDIO OF READING PASSAGE COMING SOON!
→Short on time?←
Simply give students the reading passage, and they can complete the activities independently. All information needed for the activities is contained in the reading passage! This can also be used for homework.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
==========NO PREP UNITS FOR US HISTORY==========
++++++++++WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
=========NO PREP UNITS FOR WORLD HISTORY=========
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC