Also included in
- Investigate inertia and gravity in this hands-on experiment bundle. Aligned with *Next Generation Science Standards K-5. Three-grade level versions at over 30% savings. Teachers will love its' ease of use, simple materials, and meeting the science and engineering practices. Students will love uncov$8.24$10.70Save $2.46
- Bundle, Save, and Meet the Standards. Discover 8 hands-on investigation units plus over 30 demonstrations. These lab activities guide students to discovery. Save yourself time searching for lessons. Explore weather, chemistry, plants, health, the properties of matter, and more. Memorable labs that$29.68$42.40Save $12.72
Investigate inertia and gravity in this hands-on experiment for 4th and 5th grade. Aligned with *Next Generation Science Standards. Teachers will love its' ease of use, simple materials, and meeting the science and engineering practices. Students will love uncovering the magic of the laws of motion. The science journal will help students learn to use their evidence to write conclusions.
Digital and Distance Learning Approved. This is a great way to get students to use the scientific method at home. The only supplies needed are a container, cardboard, and pennies. The supplies can easily be modified. The file is a PDF, but comes with a pre-created Easel by TpT overlay. We added text boxes and tips for completing it online. Click "Open in Easel" on the product page to get started. They can be added to your Google Classroom as an assignment. Students can also print and complete. A science lab teacher can also assign all the grade levels which allows families to conduct the experiment together.(See the Bundle.) If you don't have Google Classroom you can send the overlay as a link to Google accounts. If that is not possible use the PDF in a program like Kami extension to create an online version with text boxes. We already did it for you in Easel. You could conduct the experiment as a demo for the students and then they try it. Get creative!
A science lab teacher can also assign all the grade levels which allows families to conduct the experiment together. See the bundle for all three versions.
- Brainstorm what they know about the topic.
- Write a hypothesis.
- Record detail observations.
- Create a bar graph of their averages.
- Summarize their data and make a conclusion.
- Explain Inertia and gravity.
- Create their own demonstration of inertia.
- Assess what they have learned.
What is included in 18-page digital download:
- Correlation to the 4th Grade *NGSS Energy
- Correlation to 3rd-5th *NGSS Science and Engineering Practices
- Background information for the teacher with tips.
- Tested procedures
- 7 Page investigation journal following the scientific method
- Two conclusion pages to choose from. Differentiated for your needs.
- Multiple choice and short answer assessment
- Create your own demonstration worksheet
- Answer Key
- Scoring Rubric
- "Create Digital Activity" TpT Tool with activity already made.
Supplies for Investigation
Different sized containers, pennies, scissors, cardboard, ruler
Are you looking for this same topic in another grade level? I have your covered. This investigation journal is available for K-1st and 2nd-3rd grade too. Each version is differentiated for abilities and the Next Generation Science Standards. The K/1st grade version tests the difference between a push and a pull. It contains checkboxes and coloring. The 2nd/3rd grade journal also investigates if the size of the container affects the number of pennies that fall, but uses fewer pennies and trials. The 4th/5th grade journal expands the number of trials and uses more pennies.
Click the link to check them out. Also available in a bundle. Buy all three versions and save.
Also corresponds with
Great for homeschool, classrooms, scouts, end of year activities, science fairs and more.
Yours in Science,
Kimberly Scott Science
Inspiring Lifelong Learners through a Memorable Scientific Experience.