Inference contains mini posters, a lap book, BINGO, games, and printables.
This unit includes:
• Ten mini posters with definitions, rules, and information
• Four foldable organizers help students learn rules and strategies for finding answers to inference questions. (Two to three versions of each organizer are provided; one with blanks for students to write their own sentences; one with the sentences provided but with blank spaces for students to write in key words; and one with the answers provided. The third copy of the organizer may be used as an answer key, for differentiated instruction, for students who were absent during instruction, or if you wish for the students to have the sentences already completed.)
• Activity 1 ~~ Students use the Here Hidden Heart Head strategy to answers questions.
• Activity 2 ~~ Students solve four cases by narrowing down a suspect list using inference skills.
• Activity 3 ~~ Someone has robbed the local pet store and taken all the pets. The animals are being delivered all over town wrapped up as presents. Every time a package is dropped off at a new location, your aunt receives a 911 call. You hear tidbits of conversation during these calls. Your job is to use clues from each telephone call to help your aunt know where to send the police. As you figure out each location, cover the matching space on your BINGO card.
If you like this unit, you might also enjoy:
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Characters and Settings
Point of View
Save money by purchasing bundled sets.
Reading Skills Bundle
Story Elements Bundle