This unit contains a week of activities to teach inferences.
Included in this unit:
* Teacher Talk Page- All the instructions you will need for a week of inference reading skill activities
* Skill Shocker- A science experiment (A Mess of Milk) to kick off the inference unit with student page
* Literature Link- Inference activity page to go along with Chris Van Allsburg’s picture book Bad Day at Riverbend
* Group Gathering- Small group inferencing matching activity
* Chapter Book Check-Up- Use the first chapter of Frindle by Andrew Clements to test inferencing knowledge. Kids will get a sneak peak of the book and hopefully want to read more on their own.
* Technology Tie-In- Students will design their own comic strip online using inferences.
Check out my other reading skill units covering:
(more will be added soon)