Also included in
- Do you teach 4th or 5th grade reading? This reading resource will be a lifesaver! It includes everything you need to supplement your reading instruction for the included reading skills (see below for the skills included).IMPORTANT - I’m adding new activities to some of the skills this week. As I add$56.00$119.00Save $63.00
Teaching inferences is one of those reading skills that require a lot of different activities to help students master the skill. This will help! This resource contains no-prep, easy to use resources for making inferences.
NOTE: This resource now has Google Slides™ and/or Google Forms™ versions of most of the passages and activities, making it ideal for digital distance learning and remote teaching! Please see the 3rd page of the PDF for details and the links.
Note: The resource contains a variety of inference activities and resources for you to choose from, based on the levels and needs of your students. You will find that some resources may be too basic for the majority of your students and some may be too advanced. Choose the resources and activities that work best for your grade level and your students.
This resource includes posters, graphic organizers, printables, making inferences with pictures, mentor text suggestions with printables, interactive notebook texts and templates, three sets of practice printables, and a set of inference task cards.
- Teaching Posters **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Essential Questions and Sentence Stems **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Graphic Organizers and Printables **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Mentor Text Suggestions with Printable Activities (5) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Inferences with Pictures (7 Printables) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Easy Practice with Interactive Notebook Texts (4 Printables) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Paragraph Length Practice Printables (4) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- One-Page Length Practice Printables (6) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Two-Page Length Practice Printables (2) **Also Available in Google Slides**
- Set of 24 Inference Task Cards **Also Available in Google Forms and Slides**
As mentioned above, this resource contains inference activities at varying levels, making activities in this resource useful for:
- Introducing and reviewing inferences
- Teaching and practicing inferences whole group
- Independent practice
- Small group re-teaching and instruction
- Reading centers and stations
All of the inference activities included in this resource are also available in a digital format via Google Slides (the task cards are also available via Google Forms).
See page 3 of the PDF for the links to access each activity.
Note: The digital inference task cards are included in FOUR versions to help you get the most use out of them. Please choose the version that works best for you (or mix and match).