***This product is also included in my MEGA bundle at a discounted price:
Literary Elements & Devices Resources an Language Resources
Making Inferences is such a vital skill for students to master, and one that they often struggle with each year. This resource was created to introduce and model multiple inferences with students. After students learn what inferences are and how to make them, they are provided with FUN examples that let students practice this skill with a comic, pictures, popular songs, and multiple Pixar shorts, as well as other cartoons.
A 28 slide PowerPoint (included as a PDF) is included to engage students and to provide images, links, etc. to use while teaching students. A 25 page teaching guide is also included! The PowerPoint can be used over the course of a few days or, once you’ve taught the initial skill, you can practice using one of the shorts once a week or as often as more practice is needed.
Each Pixar short and song comes with its own graphic organizer so you can formatively assess students on their mastery of inferences. There are enough examples included that you can use one as a summative assessment once you believe your students are ready! 10+ example answers are included in the teacher’s guide for each Pixar short.
Each song comes with a copy of lyrics AND a graphic organizer!
Plus, additional resources for practicing this skill are also included! 12 inference practice paragraphs are included in 3 different formats to meet your student’s needs as well as your teaching style. Answer key included, as well as ideas for implementation.
With this purchase, you receive 93 pages NOT including the 25 page teacher guide! What a bargain!
Lastly, 3 versions of an adorable generic inference organizer is included that can be used with any text throughout the year!
Here’s what is included:
• 28 slide PowerPoint to introduce, explain, and model inferences with multiple comic, picture, riddle, Pixar shorts, cartoon, and song examples of inference.
• SafeYouTube Links to the following Pixar Shorts and other cartoons
o French Roast
o La Luna
o Partly Cloudy
o Pigeon Impossible
o UP (Carl and Ellie’s story at beginning of movie)
• SafeYouTube Links to the following songs (includes a handout of the lyrics)
o Bad Blood by Taylor Swift (Regular version, not rap)
o Firework by Katy Perry
• Graphic organizers for each Pixar Short and song. Includes a version with AND without learning targets and CCSS on the page.
• 12 practice inference examples in 3 formats including standard worksheet, small task cards, large one-page task cards to use in a carousel. Ideas for implementation included. Answer key included.
Please check out the preview for a better look at the resources. Contact me with any questions you may have!
Thanks so much for checking out my product! If you like my work, be sure to follow me so you can be kept up to date on new products, sales, flash freebies, and more!
Also, be sure to check out my other inference product for even more practice and resources!
Reading Detectives-Inference Practice and Resources