Also included in
- Over 200 inference task cards to keep your students practicing inferencing all year long! Each set of inference task cards reviews the key reading skill in variety of ways, including using pictures, riddles, comprehension questions, and other text. The following 8 Sets of Inference Task Cards are i$16.98$24.25Save $7.27
Make inferencing fun with two sets of 16 inferencing with riddles task cards (32 task cards total). This engaging inferencing activity is perfect for upper elementary and combines critical thinking and making inferences in a fun and no prep language arts activity!
Check out the preview for examples of each type of card!
What's Included in This Inferencing Activity Task Card Set?
- Inference Riddle Task Card Set One set gives three clues and ask students to figure out "What am I?" after reading the clues. (16 riddles!)
- Inference Riddle Task Card Set Two is in a narrative format, with a scenario and three clues to help students answer a question. (16 riddles)
- Answer Key & Student Recording Sheet
This packet also includes a DIGITAL, Google Slides, version of BOTH sets of inference riddles. These cards are perfect for distance or at-home learning and are easy to assign in Google Classroom!
The physical task cards print beautifully in color, but you can also print them in black in white without a problem.
How can I use these Inference Riddles in my Classroom?
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- As literacy centers
- As a literacy mini-lesson
- As part of whole-class instruction (they make great independent or whole group practice!)
- As a whole class-activity, such as SCOOT
- See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
What are teachers saying about Spring Inference Riddle Task Cards?
"This was a great way for my students to put inferencing into practice while having fun through the long distance learning. Motivates engagement." - Lori M.
"My students were talking about these riddles for days!" - A Novel Bunch
"These are perfect for centers, small group, or even whole group. My kiddos love using task cards. They are quick and effective. " - Jessica C.
You can buy these task cards as part of a HUGE Inference Task Card Bundle! CLICK HERE!
Love Task Cards? Check these out!
Check out my HUGE Reading Skill Task Card Bundle!