Inferring Task Cards Print and Digital with Audio Support for Making Inferences
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Are your students struggling with making inferences? If you need an engaging activity that your students will actually enjoy, these Inferring Task Cards are just what you're looking for! Each card in this set of 24 has a short, relatable passage and a text-dependent question that gets your students to practice inferring.
Need differentiated practice? Two ways of digitally providing your students with ⭐oral admin⭐ are included. No more running around the room trying to provide accommodations!
What You'll Get:
- Set of 24 Inferring Task Cards (color and black & white versions)
- Student Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
✅ Digital Options:
- Boom Cards ⭐with AND without Optional Oral Admin⭐ - These inferring Boom Cards provide optional oral administration of each question and answer choice. Play them on Smart Boards, computers, and tablets. See the free, playable preview to try them out! Not interested in the oral admin component? No worries. There's a version without it as well.
- Google Slides ⭐with AND without Oral Admin⭐ - Be sure to check out the link in the preview to a free playable card.
- Easel Activity on Teachers Pay Teachers
⭐ Fun Ways to Use These Inferring Task Cards:
- Add any of the formats included to your literacy stations.
- Add a whole new level of fun to your stations by pairing the printable task cards with a board game!
- Or, make it a whole-class activity by turning them into a scoot or a quiz, quiz, trade activity.
- Use it as an early finisher.
- Use one card each morning for morning work. You'll get 24 days of inferring practice at the beginning of each class!
- Leave it as a game for a sub to play during small group time.
- Project the Google Slides™ (or download it as a PowerPoint) and use it as a whole group review game.
⭐ Check out the preview to learn more!
⭐ What Others Have Said:
"I love how easy it was to add these to my Google Drive and attach them to an assignment in Google Classroom. I also LOVE the fact that there is an oral admin piece so I can differentiate and not have any additional work for myself for students who need it."
"These digital passages have been great to use to practice inferring skills. I love that the student gets immediate feedback when they respond."
"Inferencing is an important skill that is addressed. This source does a wonderful job of being challenging and fun! Thank you!"
✨ All my new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Click here to follow my store and receive notifications when I create something new so you don't miss out on the savings.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, issues, or requests!
❤ Laura Heinen
Copyright © Cultivating Critical Readers, LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Important Information About Boom Learning℠
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.