This lesson enables students to 'read between the lines' in texts and infer significant meanings. Utilizing a range of visual, kinaesthetic, and reading tasks, students not only gain an increased understanding of the importance of inference in English, but also gain an awareness of its importance in other areas of life.
The lesson follows an interesting and engaging step-by-step learning journey, which helps students to:
- Define what inference is;
- Understand the importance of inference;
- Infer what they can see;
- Infer what they hear;
- Infer what they read, using key sentence starters and textual evidence;
- Formulate P.E.E. inference responses, where necessary utilising the included scaffolds and help-sheets;
- Peer/self assess their learning attempts.
Included in this resource pack:
- Full whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- P.E.E scaffold sheet;
-Writing to analyse helpsheet;
- Pictures required for development task;
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide.