Help your students understand how to identify and use infinitives as verbals.
Creative writing task cards help them apply new skills to their own writing.
This resource includes:
* daily lesson plans
* student notes
* practice identifying infinitives and infinitive phrases in writing
* distinguishing between infinitives and prepositional phrases
* determining how the infinitive phrase is used in the sentence
* sentence analysis
* mentor texts that show infinitives "in the wild" (professional writing)
* 8 task cards that provide creative writing practice for students to apply infinitives in their own writing
* summative assessment
* student self-assessment
* teacher checklist
* answer key
* see it all in the preview!
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ step-by-step lessons break down concepts for your students
♥ ready to teach -- today! Print and use!
♥ real-world examples -- grammar "in the wild!" Students see how real writers use infinitives
♥ quirky creative writing task cards prompt students to practice
using infinitives in their own writing
♥ lesson plans included
Teaching Verbals? Check out this bundle to save money!
Participles, Gerunds & Infinitives Bundle
You might also be interested in:
Understanding and Using Participles
How to Find the Parts of the Sentence
All About Verbals Spinner
Like freebies, sales, and new stuff? Just click on the green star next to my store name, and you'll be the first to hear about them!
I read and respond to all feedback. Please let me know how you use this resource in your classroom -- and earn those nifty TPT credits while you're at it! Questions? I've got answers! Leave me a message in the Q&A below, and I'll get right back to you!