This activity pack focuses on inflectional endings s, ed, and ing for silent e and short vowel plus consonant spelling patterns. The 12 resources included are great for word work, literacy centers, and extra practice! Verb ending rules practiced in this unit are: drop the final e, then add ed or ing and double the final consonant, then add ed or ing.
This activity pack is a follow up to my best seller: Verb Endings -s, -ed, -ing ~ PART 1
(focus on introducing verb endings).
Here are the resources included in this activity pack:
•Read/Write the Room Game
- for a center activity or whole group activity
• I Have Who Has Game
- a whole group reading game
• 3 Sounds of –ed Sort
- students read the word on the card and then sort the word by the sound –ed makes at the end of the word. Comes with mats for each sound –ed makes. Can be done as a pocket chart activity whole group or as a center activity. Includes 2 choices of response sheets(I couldn’t decide which one I like better so I’ll let you choose!). Also includes envelope label for cards.
• Inflectional Ending Cut and Paste Activity
– a cut and paste activity where students write verbs with an s, ed, or ing ending on an apple and cut and paste the words onto a tree. Students can also cut and paste kids and an apple basket where they want next to the tree.
• Inflectional Ending Fill in the Blank Reader
- an original reproducible student book where students write a verb with the appropriate ending and add the word to complete a sentence. Then students practice reading the book.
• Base Word Endings Worksheets (6 pages, 4 base words per page)
– students write the base words with the endings –s, -ed, and –ing on the lines below the base word. Then choose a word and write it in a sentence.
• Verb Endings Memory
- a verb memory game
• Color by the Code
– students color a picture by its verb ending
• I Can Use Verb Endings Worksheets
– students rewrite a verb with a verb ending, write it in a sentence and illustrate the sentence (5 pages, 2 verbs per page).
• I Can Add Verb Endings Worksheets
– practice printables for students to practice writing words with the –ed and –ing endings. 3 silent e pages and 3 short vowel plus consonant pages.
• Listen to the End Activity
– a whole group activity where the teacher reads a list of verbs and students write the words in columns according to the sound –ed makes at the end of the word.
• Inflectional Endings Posters (5)
– posters for verbs ending with –s, -ed, and –ing. Also1 poster for the silent e rule and 1 poster for the short vowel plus consonant rule.
To see all of what is included please download a free preview. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
I have many phonics activity packs. You can see all my activity packs by clicking on the link below:
Phonics Activity Packs