This is a bundled resources that includes two separate resources and lessons:
1.Info Gap - Famous Hispanic Artists ( Art Description Speaking Activity)
2.La inspiración de los artistas (Writing, Speaking, and Reading Practice)
In the first lesson, students complete a information gap activity to describe a famous work of art by a Hispanic artist to a partner, who must recreate the painting by makign a drawing based on their partner's description. Students then work together to speculate about the artists's inspiration for the work.
In the second lesson, student write a brief descrption of their ideas about the artists' inspiration, read a short passage about the true history behind the piece, and the present both their interpretation and the true story behind the painting to the class.
Resources for the first lesson include:
- a detailed lesson plan with a step-by-step description of lesson activities, learning objectives, and ACTFL standards met by the lesson
- 8 unique Student A sheets with a prompt and helpful vocabulary
- Student B sheets with prompt and helpful vocabulary
- a powerpoint with a warm-up and closure activity and all of the featured pieces of art, including the artist and year
Resources for the second lesson include:
- A slideshow with a warm-up activity and works of art by 8 Hispanic artists
- Brief summaries of the actual histories and inspiration behind each work of art
Featured artists: Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, El Greco, Francisco de Goya, Joaquín Sorolla, and Fernando Botero.