Pragmatic Language Evaluations do not need to be intimidating! With the right tools you can complete an assessment that gives you strong baseline data, helps you write an awesome report, and saves you time. This resource will give you everything you need to knock your next pragmatic language evaluation out of the park!
This resource includes:
- Parent Teacher Social Language Rating Scale: Send out this rating scale to caregivers and teachers to get information about the student's pragmatic language abilities in his or her home/academic environments.
- Informal Observation Checklist: Use this checklist to guide your informal observations in the classroom or during a play based assessment. The list gives you 26 different areas of pragmatic language to consider during your informal observation and provides a place for you to record data and real life examples from the evaluation.
- Non Verbal Language Evaluation: This evaluation uses to help you assess your student's understanding of non verbal language and theory of mind. There are a total of 12 pictures and 3 recording pages for this section.
- Jokes and Idioms: This section assesses a student's ability to understand humor and figurative language.
- Story Telling: See if your student is able to use pragmatic language skills to tell a story using the provided story prompt and data collection page.
- Conversation Skills: Evaluate your student's ability to have a conversation using the conversation prompts and corresponding data collection page.
- Social Skills Problem Solving Scenarios: Read the provided scenarios to your student. Your student must determine what the problem is and give an appropriate solution to the problem. Record you findings on the corresponding data collection page.
- Additional Prompts: This section contains additional jokes, idioms, story prompts, conversation prompts, and social skill problem solving scenarios in case you need to evaluate one of these skills further.
- Blank Data Collection Pages: There are blank data collection pages for each of the skills that you can use if you want to assess a skill more in depth.
- Editable Sample Report: This sample report shows you how to combine the evaluation information into a written report. The word document is editable to save you time and so you can easily modify it to fit your needs.
Also, follow me to be notified when new products are uploaded. All products are 50% off the first 24 hours so it pays to follow me!
You might also enjoy these other resources from my store:
How to Have A Conversation: A Social Story Activity
How to Make Friends: A Social Story Activity
How to Play With Friends at Recess: A Social Story Activity
Empathy and Emotions Activities