Use these sheets in guided reading or partner reading groups.
• Students receive a non-fiction informational book to read.
• Students will complete a Reading Planning Sheet before beginning the book.
• Teacher or student decides where throughout the book the student(s) will stop and reflect on what they have read so far.
• Students completes a Meeting Recording Sheet with teacher, group, or partner at each designated stopping point throughout the book.
• Students complete a Final Meeting sheet at the conclusion of a book.
Packet reinforces the following skills:
• Making Connections
• Questioning the text
• Differentiating between facts and opinions