Also included in
- This is a bundle of all of my second grade writing units. These standards-aligned units include everything you need to teach writing including mentor texts, rubrics, checklists, posters, graphic organizers, and more! Check out the previews to peek inside each unit.**UPDATED NOW includes a Google Sli$32.00$40.00Save $8.00
This second grade Informational Report Writing Unit is just what you need to teach this skill! When it comes to writing, there is so much we want (and need) to teach our students. However, we cannot focus on all of it all at once or we will cause our students to hate writing. I have broken this down into easy to implement lesson plans and have included all of the materials you need. This unit can be implemented at an easy pace---spread out over four weeks, or can be condensed to be taught in a shorter time period.
If you choose to have your whole class write on the same topic, this informational unit even includes 2 non-fiction texts that can be used for student research. (Topic: Monarch Butterflies). However, you can also use this unit with your own topic or by letting students choose topics.
- Mentor Text
- Rubric & Checklists
- 12 Easy to Implement Lesson Plans
- 6 Centers
- Graphic Organizers
- Posters (Also can be printed and put in a writing notebook)
- 2 Non-Fiction Texts (one mini book, one article) for Student Research
- UPDATE: Now includes a digital (Google Slides) version of the resource! Learn more here.
What's Taught: (W.2.2)
- What's an Informational Report?
- Choosing a Topic and Finding Sources
- Finding Facts (Researching)
- In My Own Words
- Informational Report Outline
- Write an Introduction
- Writing as Paragraphs
- Writing an Ending
- Editing to Add Text Features
- Editing with a Partner
- Revising & Revisiting the Rubric
You may also be interested in:
- 2nd Grade Fictional Narrative Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Personal Narrative Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Opinion Piece Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Advanced Opinion Writing Unit
- 2nd Grade Biography Writing Unit
Or Save the Most BUY THE BUNDLE
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED