Whether you need an emergency sub plan or just want to slide a little more informational text into your curriculum, this free and fun lesson has what you need – access to a well-written, high-interest article from the New York Times on the 10 Supreme Court Cases Every Teen Should Know, a topic that will hook your students’ attention and inspire lively debate, and a packet of print-and-go handouts to help students work through the text.
This FREE activity includes:
• A sheet of suggested lesson procedures (for you or your sub) detailing two options for delivery of the materials
• Several links to give you and your students online access to the New York Times article
• A two-page graphic organizer/handout to help students summarize the informational text they read
• A detailed answer key to help make grading easy
• Additional graphic organizers if you prefer to use this assignment as a team research/speech activity
Want more compelling non-fiction lesson materials?
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover image credit: Pixabay, Public domain