Whether you need an emergency sub plan or just want to add more informational text to your curriculum, this free and fascinating lesson has what you need. It includes access to a high-interest article from The New York Times on the "10 Supreme Court Cases Every Teen Should Know," a topic that will hook your students’ attention and inspire lively debate, and a packet of print-and-go handouts to help students work through the text.
This FREE activity includes:
• A sheet of suggested lesson procedures (for you or your sub) detailing two options for delivery of the materials
• A link to give you and your students online access to the informational text article
• A two-page graphic organizer/handout to help students summarize the informational text they read
• A detailed answer key to help make grading easy
• Additional graphic organizers if you prefer to use this assignment as a team research/speech activity
Want more compelling non-fiction lesson materials?
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover image credit: Pixabay, Public domain