Provide informational text to your special education students as per the Common Core Standards.
This pack contains
• a therapist-written book about animals (17 of them) arranged by color.
• Each page has a photograph of the animal and important facts.
• There are two levels of the book. The second, easier to read version, is at the end of the pack.
• There is a picture communication board for use by nonverbal students whose aac systems don't have all the needed vocabulary.
• There is a color to animal match activity,
• there are animal cards to use for Memory-type or Go-Fish-type games or practice
• There is a tic-tac-toe type game with 10 different boards.
• There is a sorting activity based on animal mobility.
• There is an animal report activity with graphic organizers and template and all pictures needed to support the activity.
• There is a define-describe activity with an example, blank template, and pictures needed.
• There are two phonological awareness activities - /bl/ blends and rhymes.
• Included are lesson plan suggestions for guided reading for 4 days.
• There are some suggested apps to use for additional support.
You might also like my adapted books
Animals of Africa here
and for Bats here
I also have book on the weather, rocks, and US Geography