- Product Description
This informational text resource includes eight magazine-style pages of non-fiction or informational text, each with text-based comprehension questions and an analyze and respond activity. Each holiday-themed page is about one special event that is often celebrated in the classroom such as Earth Day or Veterans Day.
Each article includes:
- Informational text page - With short articles, a sidebar chart, and illustrations, these readings resemble a magazine page.
- One page of multiple choice questions - The questions are about text features, text structures, context clues, organizational elements, and comprehension of the informational text.
- One analyze and respond activity.
You can see more details about each of these pages for all eight articles in the preview.
The eight articles include:
1. Labor Day Community Celebration
2. Pumpkin Patch Weekend
3. Thanksgiving Informational Text
4. Presidents Day Extra
5. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
6. Our Town Celebrates Saint Patrick's Day
7. Celebrating Earth Day at Riverside Park
8. Celebrate our Veterans
The activities support Reading: Informational Text standards, especially those about using information from the text and text features to explain main ideas, details, and concepts.
For more informational text resources, see: Informational Text.
From Classroom in the Middle