Also included in
- This Writing Choice Boards Bundle includes ALL THREE of our writing choice boards - including our best-selling Reading Response Choice Board! These boards are a great way to keep and gain student interest in writing. Your kids (and you) will love using these in the classroom!What is included in this$10.00$12.50Save $2.50
- These reading response activities include many of our best selling items! These resources will be incredible additions to your language arts classroom! Perfect for grades 5+ (but ideal for the middle school and high school classroom)!SAVE ON OUR BEST-SELLING RESOURCES BY PURCHASING THIS BUNDLE!RESOU$36.20$45.25Save $9.05
- This Reading Response Activities Bundle for your Middle School students is PERFECT for use with any literary unit! We've bundled FIVE of our BEST-SELLING and most popular resources at a fraction of the cost. BONUS: We even added our popular Reading Response Projects Choice Board Bingo! Purchasing th$16.40$20.50Save $4.10
- This Reading Resources Bundle for your Middle School students is PERFECT for use with any literary unit! We've bundled some of our BEST-SELLING and most popular resources at a fraction of the cost. Purchasing this bundle saves you 20% off!All six resources included are no-prep! Simply print and begi$17.20$21.50Save $4.30
- If you're looking for digital reading and writing activities that are going to have your students producing high-quality work while also keeping them engaged and excited about learning - THIS BUNDLE IS IT!These completely digital reading and writing activities were adapted specifically to help you a$60.00$79.50Save $19.50
This Informational Text Reading Response Activity for DIGITAL and PRINT can be used with ANY informational text and in a variety of ways in your classroom to get students thinking and writing critically about informational texts! Here are just a few suggestions of how you can utilize these reading responses as reading activities or reading assignments:
- Assign students a written response at the end of each section or two while studying a text.
- Use the quilt to hold students accountable for articles or other informational text they read independently.
- Have students use the prompts to write reports.
- Assign a weekly writing assignment focused on your current unit of study and allow students the freedom to choose what they want to answer.
We want to give students the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what they want to write about. It also makes grading less redundant when you are reading various responses from your students!
In addition to the 20-question quilt, you are also provided with a rubric (you can select the point value of each item in the rubric), academic vocabulary terms, and evidence-based phrases to help students with writing their responses.
A DIGITAL VERSION has been included as well, so you can easily use this resource in your Google Classroom™. Students can choose their prompts directly from the Google Slides™ file included and compose their responses in the Google Doc™ file that you will find in the resource as well. We've also added an editable rubric, so you can easily grade and make suggestions directly in the students' Google Slides™ should you wish to do so.
This Informational Text Reading Response Activity can used across various grade levels - from 6th all the way to 12th grade.
* Please note, the duration of this activity completely depends how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire year's worth of written responses. *
OTHER RESOURCES YOU WILL LOVE: