As we introduce informational texts in our classroom we want to ensure we are asking all the right questions. We want to make sure our students understand Common Core language and can tackle the kinds of questions addressed in the standards. This packet is a "no fail" resource that can be used with ALL informational text resources you use in class. It takes you through each step of the process you should be doing as you examine informational text and media pieces.
Included in this packet:
1. Information Text Question/Writing Guide (requires students to evaluate a singular information text piece)
2. Compare and Contrast Information Text Question/Writing Guide (requires students to compare and contrast information text pieces you have read and had them previously evaluate)
3. Compare and Contrast Language Chart
4. 3 Column Comparison Chart
5. Triple Venn Diagram
6. Media & Informational Text Question/Writing Guide
7. Rubric for Writing Compare/Contrast Pieces (simple 4 pt guide)
***All Questions Are Clearly Labeled by Common Core Standard.***
Tip: I accompany these same forms with ALL informational text pieces in my classroom. It covers ALL informational text standards and breeds familiarity. Students learn what to look for and how to effectively evaluate a piece of information text.
Image Credit: Krista Wallden and www.kevinandamanda.com