Also included in
- Everything in this bundle is meant to be used with whatever books your students are reading, which makes it perfect for reading workshop, independent reading, or guided reading. Great for improving reading comprehension and digging into close reading. Many include digital options with Google Slides$79.30$105.30Save $26.00
- Here is a treasure-trove of ready-to-use printables that you can use with any informational text. Dig into nonfiction books with 24 pages for informational text plus guided book reports and project choice boards. Dig in deeper with the Close Reading Toolkit for Informational Text - tons of graphic o$15.94$20.94Save $5.00
Your students will LOVE these informational text worksheets, graphic organizers, & activities!
This resource is designed to help your students get more out of their informational text (nonfiction) reading.
These printables will work with any nonfiction book.
The first 24 pages are printables that include pre-reading activities, exploring text features and practicing reading strategies such as finding the main idea, identifying vocabulary words, summarizing, and making connections. There are also several fun activities such as creating a top ten list of facts or making a word search.
The remaining pages consist of 4, two-page, guided book reports. Use these with one of the following types of books: biography, animal, country, or culture. These are great to use with students who are not yet ready to write a book report independently. In addition, each book report includes an accompanying project choice grid. The projects can make for a fun and creative assessment.
This resource has been correlated with Reading for Information Common Core Standards for grades 3-6 on the chart on page 5.
It should also be noted that the terms “informational text” and “nonfiction” are used interchangeably within this resource.
✍️ "Students were so engaged with their book choices when using this resource! It helped them organize their facts without overwhelming them. Fantastic!"
✍️ "Terrific resource! I used this extensively with my Nonfiction work. Great tool for this and for addressing Common Core requirements."
✍️ "These are perfect for independent reading! Thank you for helping student stay focused and reinforcing the skills we teaching in different ways."
EASEL digital version included!
Other products you will enjoy!
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards
- Making Inferences with Informational Texts
- Informational Text Features
- Close Reading Toolkit for Informational Text
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom :)