Informational Text Graphic Organizers for Middle School DIGITAL and PRINT
What educators are saying
These DIGITAL and PRINT multi-purpose Common Core Aligned Informational Text Graphic Organizers can be utilized in a number of ways in your classroom. They are excellent resources to use whenever you’re studying an informational text.
These are not your basic, fill-in-the-blanks graphic organizers. Rather, they have your students work closely with the text, using in-depth questions to spark critical-thinking skills that are a must in middle school. You won't find a blank box with "What's the main idea?" in the middle - this resource is much, much more in-depth than that!
We know you’ll be able to utilize this resource for years to come – you can even use it across the curriculum in various other subjects. Enjoy!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- Detailed Instructions for Use for each graphic organizer
- Author's Purpose Flow Chart
- Compare + Contrast (Extend Your Thinking + Transfer of Knowledge)
- Double-Entry Journal (specific to info text) - includes rubric
- Evidence Tracker (horizontal and vertical versions) - includes rubric
- One-Pager - includes rubric
*Almost all graphic organizers included in this informational text unit include sample responses, so you can easily get an idea of what you should expect to see from your students. You could even share these samples with your students, so they know what high-quality work looks like!*
Please Note: If you already have our Evidence Tracker, this is included in this resource as well. However, you are receiving FIVE NEW graphic organizers with the purchase of this resource.
Other Informational Text Resources You Will Love:
- Informational Text Choice Board
- 18 Informational Text Task Cards
- 12 Critical Thinking Task Cards
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!