With these Mexican Yarn Painting activities, your students will have the opportunity to practice reading and comprehending informational texts while learning about a cultural tradition in Mexico. After reading the article on Huichol Yarn Painting, your students will have the opportunity to answer comprehension questions and then create their own yarn painting. Two different leveled articles and two different craftivity options are included.
To ensure that this product is appropriate for your grade level, please download the preview. All important student pages included in this product can be viewed in the preview.
1. Huichol Yarn Painting Informational Text (2 different levels included to allow for differentiation).
2. Reading Comprehension Questions (Answer Key Included)
3. Pictures of authentic Huichol Yarn Paintings (to allow for visual representation of the type of painting they will be reading about)
4. Instructions on how to make your own Huichol Yarn Painting.
5. Shape outlines for creating the yarn paintings
6. Huichol Yarn Painting alternative craftivity and writing activity.