Bring critical thinking and analysis skills to life with this self-guided and exciting ghost tour! Spooky stories and intriguing articles will hook your students as they use the skills of scanning and skimming to work their way through each stop.
This resource is included in two different themed bundles!
This computer-based lesson will give your students an engaging, thought-provoking two-three days of horror that even your most reluctant readers will enjoy. Online informational reading that really hooks your students; teens find this topic thought-provoking and meaningful. There is a variety of reading material provided, at various Lexile levels and lengths. They will need to be online to work through this ghost tour and be sure to print the pages beforehand. This project is designed for the Internet, but if you will not have access to the Internet, you’ll need to print off the articles, beforehand. You can always go to fewer stops on the tour if you would prefer a one-day ghost tour, as well. Your kids would prefer at least two days (just sayin').
Also, please note that this is scary stuff! Certainly not as frightening as you may see in the media, but still.... Please make sure your younger teens have an alternate assignment, if they find it too scary. :)
1. Designer version for displaying on projector and to place in your teacher’s binder, printer-friendly black and white version for multiple handouts. Also, an editable copy of the student assignment sheets.
2. Teacher’s Guide and Notes.
3. Learning Targets.
4. Blank Ghost Tour Dictionary for noting and visualizing new words.
6. Ghost Tour: Nine online sites linked and with URLs addresses (just in case).
7. Directions and questions for students at each stop.
8. Homework activity (read H.P. Lovecraft story) suggested, but optional.
9. Ghost Tour Reflection Storyboard
♥ ♥ If you like this product, you may also enjoy:
Thank you for stopping by my store! ♥
Junior High & Secondary Fun, Scary Internet Research Project.