Informational Text: Penguins is a 28 page comprehensive packet containing 12 informational learning activities on penguins. All sheets include an “I can” statement: I can read and answer key details about (the featured penguin).
This packet includes:
- Ten sheets require students to read and answer key details focused on their habitat, diet, and body attributes and All sheets also include a text element such as a glossary and a question requiring its use.
- Two sheets feature information on penguins’ diet and life cycle.
- Eight penguin trading cards
- Special report paper which allow students to expand their research on penguins
- Versatile use: use as a mini reading lesson focused on key details or text elements, to increase reading of informational text each day, as center work, early finishers, homework and as assessments.
Teach and give students practice:
- answering questions with key details using informational text
- using text elements such as charts, diagrams and glossaries to help reading understanding
- using penguin trading cards for students to research and write facts
- writing and illustrating their own animal report using the enclosed graphic organizer and special report paper