- Understanding informational text can be challenging, but this discounted task card bundle will make is so much easier (and more fun!). You can use these task cards at literacy centers, in games, or with the whole class. Please see the product links below or in the free preview for more information.H$9.44$7.44Save $2.00
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$32.77$22.77Save $10.00
- This bundle contains Informational Text Structure task cards in two formats: Traditional printable task cards and digital Boom Cards! Please note that the content for both products is the same. Only the format is different. This bundle is for educators that want both formats.Happy Teaching!Rachel Ly$5.68$3.98Save $1.70
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$77.28$57.28Save $20.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum based and/or high interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also and answer keys$30.66$24.66Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$372.42$272.42Save $100.00
- Product Description
Here are 32 short passage cards to help students identify different types of informational text structures. Five text structures are used: description, sequence (sometime called chronological), compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem and solution. Each card features a short informational paragraph (with signal words and phrases included) and a choice of text structures. There is also a Challenge Card that can be used with any other card in the set which asks students to explain how they found the correct answer.
Black line versions of the cards are also included for printing on colored paper.
In addition, there is handout/poster explaining the five structures, as well as a student answer sheet and answer key so that students can check their work. These task cards will work well for test prep, reading strategy centers, partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 32 Task Cards: Color
- 32 Task Cards: Black line
- Challenge Card and Cover Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
- Informational Text Handout/Poster
Note: This zip file contains two nearly identical sets of task cards. The set shown in the free preview was designed for teachers who are using the Common Core Standards. This same set with the with term Nonfiction Text instead of Informational Text for those who are NOT using the Standards is also included in the zip file. The cards are identical except for the titles. Use the set that works for you.
Other Great products:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Minds in Bloom