Informational Text Structures Task Cards Print and Digital with Audio Support
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tasPrice $64.03Original Price $80.14Save $16.11
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if:You have never used task cards, but would like to tryYou have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)You wouldPrice $27.78Original Price $34.72Save $6.94
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- This bundle contains Informational Text Structure task cards in two formats: Traditional printable task cards and digital Boom Cards! If you want to offer students multiple formats, you can save 40% by buying the Boom and Traditional version together. * Please note that the content for both productsPrice $3.68Original Price $6.13Save $2.45
- These eight sets of reading strategies task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers.Each card features a short, curriculum-based, and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There arPrice $26.82Original Price $33.52Save $6.70
- If you're teaching informational text structures, this 5-pack bundle will provide the reference materials and practice opportunities your students need. Whether your students are learning with pencil and paper or with devices, we have you covered.Save 30% off the regular price!What's Included?Our bePrice $7.76Original Price $11.59Save $3.83
- 6 Sets of Task Cards for Text Structures - Fictional and Informational PassagesCause and EffectCompare and ContrastSequencingProblem and Solution DescriptionIdentifying Text StructuresText Structures Anchor Charts / PostersClick the preview button to see the resources in greater detail.What's IncludPrice $17.54Original Price $21.92Save $4.38
These 32 Informational text structures task cards are designed to help your students practice identifying five different non-fiction text structures: description, sequence (sometimes called chronological), compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem and solution.
- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment - Self-Checking
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Self-Checking or Short Answer
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of many money-saving bundles including:
- Reading Strategies Mega Bundle
- Task Card Variety Pack
- ELA Task Card Mega Bundle
- Informational Text Structures Mini Bundle
- Informational Text Task Card Bundle
- Reading Strategies Task Cards Bundle
- Text Structures Small Bundle
- Text Structures Bundle
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Each card features a short informational paragraph (with signal words and phrases included) and a choice of text structures. There is also a Challenge Card that can be used with any other card in the set which asks students to explain how they found the correct answer.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "These were so fun to use as we played a game of "Scoot" where the kids rotate around the room to answer the task cards. I used it with my fifth graders. The reading level was appropriate and it worked perfectly for a fun, different assessment." -Alissa C.
✏️ "These task cards were perfect for small groups. The students were very engaged and this resource led to deep conversations around text structure." -Danielle T.
✏️ "I used these cards as a mini lesson for a month to start of reading instead of spending a whole week of reading time on it. Worked wonderfully!" -Rachael B.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSRI.3.8 - Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- CCSSRI.4.5 - Describe the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in a text or part of a text.
- CCSSRI.5.5 - Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom