Reading and analyzing Informational Text is becoming an integral part of a balanced English curriculum. This teaching resource includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to identify different informational text structures, analyze the author's main points and discover the development of example texts. Students will then be able to practice writing their own passages using the different types of text structures.
There are four different files in the zipped download.
- A PowerPoint that includes 30 photos for student writing activity.
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
- A PDF document with teacher tips and pacing suggestions.
- A PDF document of student assembly instructions for their booklet.
The supplementary material includes:
- A 22 page informational text student workbook, divided into five sections describing each text structure. Each section includes the definition, clues and signal words, and example passage with common core aligned questions, and a graphic organizer for students to complete before writing their own passages.