Engage your teens with nonfiction that appeals to them for a change.
This series provides a close reading opportunity for students to interact with an article that interests them. Included are intro suggestions, close reading directions, comprehension questions, a short writing prompt, and an answer key.
This bundle contains eight Teen Topics resources:
1. The Scary Link Between Brain Damage and Energy Drinks
2. Selfies Have Become More Dangerous than Sharks
3. News Report Asserts Major Issues with U.S. Dietary Guidelines
4. What Jennifer Lawrence Reveals About Women and Equal Pay
5. What if Schools Taught Kindness?
6. Harvard Revokes Admissions Due to Inappropriate Social Media Postings
7. Experts Explain Problems with Graphic Suicide Scene in '13 Reasons Why"
8. Greater Compassion Linked to Happier, More Successful People
I will be creating many more of these resources, so please become a follower to get updates sent to your email.
I also have this in digital! Converting to a 1:1 classroom? Have access to chromebooks or ipads? Give digital a try:
Digital Teen Topics Bundle
You may also enjoy these other digital resources in my store:
Digital Resources - Making Meaning with Melissa