Lions are a popular topic for children when writing a non-chronological report. Here I have provided materials that will help you to capture your children's attention.
Here is a resource that both challenges the upper ability and helps children who are emergent writers to achieve in class. An extensive bank of writing frames and activities for writing a non-chronological report on these majestic animals. Useful for class projects or cross-curricular links. It will supplement your unit of work. Extra stand-alone writing frames and activities to fit in with your planning or extension or project work.
*** Updated 29th March 2017
It will save you hours hopefully!
This Pack includes:
* Detailed 5 days worth of planning
* Detailed information on the lion
* Kid safe videos for lions (for flip the classroom activities)
* Pre input activities
* Lions in the wild
* Lions in captivity
* Question cards
* 'What if' questions to encourage discussion
*Mini Flip books (differentiated) and varied
* Detailed word mat - one with vocabulary / one blank
* Writing frames for all aspects of writing a non-chronological report
*Question generator writing frames
*Facts about the lion – different approaches
*Heading and subheading and topic planner
*Non-chronological report planner - different versions
* What if ? - Scenario activity
*Step by step sub-heading planner
*Themed writing paper for display or creative writing
*Distributions of lions past and present
* Original clip art for display or role-play
*Report writing checklist
* Pros and Cons – differentiated versions
* Supports EAL
* ICT linked activities using a range of programmes such as Skitch, Poppet etc
It can also be used as a persuasive writing follow-on.
*** This pack is regularly updated