Animal research is such an engaging topic for young learners. Use this packet as you teach your students about text features and informational text. There are a variety of activities included for each text feature as well as a guided research book to finish your unit and tie it all together.
Please see the PREVIEW above for an idea of everything included.
The following classroom procedures are included:
• Vocabulary cards for each text feature (table of contents, labels, headline, glossary, caption, print types, photographs)
• Compare and Contrast fiction/informational text
• Lost poster informative writing
• Riddle page informative writing
• Practice pages for labels, captions, print types, fun facts, glossary
• Mini text feature book
• Animal research report
• ABC practice with animals