As we move into fall, it is the perfect time to study a fall classic...apples! This introductory unit covering informational writing is intended to introduce the concept of explanatory writing, shift the focus from opinion to fact, and give children an opportunity to learn from Gail Gibbons as a mentor author.
This unit includes:
- Mini-Lessons to go along with each activity
- Informational Writing Anchor charts in 12 different chevron patterns to match my Opinion Writing and Narrative Writing Anchor Charts.
- An Apple Learning Log Cover Page in case you choose to use the graphic organizers in this unit in a packet.
- 4 pages of writing prompts to describe the changes of the apple tree through each season.
- 2 pages of writing paper for students to share what they have learned about apples.
- An apple fact or opinion sort.
- A page to draw or stamp an apple print as a diagram. Labels to identify 6 key parts of the apple. (Stem, skin, flesh, seed, seed chambers, core)
- A sequencing activity to describe how to plant an apple seedling.
This mini-unit can be used in conjunction with any other apple activity you use during the fall. Supplement the unit with apple recipes, apple tasting, and much more!
Thanks for visiting my store! If you have a moment, please rate my product! And...if you like what you see...please start to follow me! I have an election/voting unit, word wall word pack, and word family sort project underway that will be posted soon!