Help your students learn informative writing
in a real-world setting.
This 9-page writing activity
helps students hone their expository writing skills
by learning how to write a restaurant review.
The reproducible packet includes
• a 2-page introduction emphasizing the importance
for the assignment
• information about different formats
they may use for their review
• material about the significance of using descriptive language
and precise details
Following the introduction are 6 pages of questions
students may choose to answer as background information before they write their final restaurant review.
Also included is a page of additional research and nonfiction writing ideas
relating to food.
This classroom-tested activity has been used successfully in middle school and high school classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties