Also included in
- This writing bundle includes everything you need to teach opinion, informational, and narrative writing with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. Differentiated posters, graphic organizers, and supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers. A$20.00$29.50Save $9.50
This is a must have resource for your informational writing unit! Differentiated informational writing posters, writing graphic organizers, and writing supports geared towards Grades 1-3 will provide your students the tools they need to become strong writers. Take a look at the preview for a closer look!
All materials are thoughtfully aligned to the ELA Common Core Standards for Grades 1-3. The grade 1 materials included in this resource focus on developing facts to support a topic. The grades 2-3 materials focus on providing points and supporting facts for each point they make on the topic. However, all materials can all be used in either grade to differentiate for your struggling and high writers.
- Posters (Color or B&W): "What is Information?", an example of informational writing, Sentence Starters (for Opening, Facts/Points, and Closing), and Types of Hooks (3 or 4 types)
- Graphic Organizers: From brainstorming and researching to prewriting, these graphic organizers are supports that break down informational writing in a visual way for students. Multiple options are included for writing about facts only, one point with supporting facts, or multiple points with supporting facts.
- Writing Checklists: These checklists are helpful reminders for students while informational writing. They are included to print as a full page or mini checklists (4/page).
- Color Coding: Students color code informational writing examples by either 1.) Opening (topic), 3 Facts, and Closing or 2.) Opening (topic), Point, and 3 Supporting Facts.
- "Stick to the Topic"/ "Stick to the Point": Students cut and glue 3 strong supporting facts that clearly support the topic OR 6 supporting facts that clearly support 2 points on a topic.
- Hook Writing Practice: Students practice writing either 3 or 4 types of informational writing hooks on a provided topic.
- Informational Writing Prompt Sheets: These 10 writing prompts come with visual supports for students. Primary line or regular line options are both included.
- Informational Writing Journal: This journal comes with 32 prompts for students to cut and glue into their journals. The journal is included as a half page or full page option, as well as different rule-width options for writing paper. The prompts included can either be used in a journal or on their own.
- Additional Resources: "Gear Full of Facts" Craft, Informational Writing Clipboard (for displaying writing on a bulletin board), Informational Report Templates (Cover Page, Writing Pages, Table of Contents & Glossary), Free-Writing Paper, and Answer Keys
Check out this product discounted as part of the Writing Bundle Grades 1-3!
More Writing Goodies: