Also included in
- Summer Steal! Grab this bundle for 50% off its usual price for 24 hours only! This bundle is usually $54, but on sale for a steal at $19. *Six of the text sets are located in the bonus file.What are monthly text sets? The monthly text sets are two or more texts based on the same topic. Each monthly$19.00$36.00Save $17.00
Reading and Writing from 1 text set!
What are monthly text sets?
The monthly text sets are two or more texts based on the same topic. Each monthly text set can be used for both reading and writing. The topic of each text set is high-engaging nonfiction topics. Each text set supports opinion or informational based writing in response to reading.
What is included in each text set?
- 2 (or more) related informational articles
- Reading Comprehension Questions
- Writing Prompt to be used with the texts in an essay format
- Writing Plan Example
- Teacher Example Essay (editable)
- Differentiated for Grades 3-5
Polar Bear Problems
Students read articles about polar bears. Using the texts, they write an informational essay about the topic.
Standard-based reading comprehension questions help you integrate reading while using the same text you are using in writing.
What topics are included for each month?
The topics included are thematically related to that month. However, the text sets can be used at any time of the year based on your needs.
January - MLK (Opinion Text Set)
September - Homework: Harmful or Helpful? (Opinion Text Set)
October- Bats (Informational Text Set)
December - Polar Bear Problems (Informational Text Set)
Try the free text set here:
These text sets go perfectly with the Informational and Opinion Writing Units: