Informational Writing | Research Writing Unit | Writers Workshop
Also included in
- Narrative writing, opinion writing and more! Save time and engage your 2nd & 3rd-grade writers with these step-by-step writing units. Teach the standards while engaging your students with well thought out and detailed lesson plans that are integrated with aspects of reading instruction. If you hPrice $76.00Original Price $150.00Save $74.00
Do your students have trouble with organizing the writing they do? This writing unit is all about organization, word choice and research. Opportunities to learn about and write non fiction and fiction is included in this unit.
The writing skills that are highlighted in this unit are:
- pre-assessing student understanding of organization
- principles of organization in non fiction writing
- introduction to the paragraph
- research strategies
- using text features
- using technology to research
- using word choice
- creating a non fiction book
- comparing fiction and non fiction writing
- using real facts to write fiction
- paragraph writing techniques
This unit is JAM PACKED with ideas to teach writing every day.
This set includes:
★ Setting up for success
★ Weekly pacing guides
★ Links to resources, as well as extension ideas including using technology.
★ 4 Mentor texts titles with lesson plans and matching activities that are designed to interest even your most unmotivated students because the activities are not all writing based but transfer over to writing.
★ Writing anchor charts specific to each individual unit
★ Writing vocabulary for the pocket chart or writing wall for every book.
You will need:
→ by Nina Laden
→ by Elizabeth Carney (National Geographic)
→ by Chris Gall
→ by Janell Cannon
When learning to write, we want our students to be engaged, motivated and successful. Each and every set will take you through the elements of a great writing program step by step.
This stand alone unit is part of a complete bundle of detailed and comprehensive units with opportunities for choice and collaboration. It is designed to help learners to develop a growth mindset when they learn to write.
Each writing unit has alternate spelling and is aligned also aligned with the Write Traits.
Alternative spelling is included for Canadian students.
Please download the PREVIEW to see more.
For a complete product overview click below.
If you have any questions or you would like to buy a site license for your school, please contact me at email@example.com
You might also like:
Be sure to follow along here for some great ideas and freebies:
FACEBOOK The Write Stuff on Facebook
PINTEREST The Write Stuff on Pinterest
INSTAGRAM The Write Stuff on Instagram
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom and helps me to plan new creations based on your likes and needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You will now receive email updates about this store!
©The Write Stuff