Help your students have some research fun
and informative writing fun
with learning and writing about time capsules.
This 4-page printable writing activity combines HISTORY and WRITING.
Students first read about
• time capsules in history, including Egyptian pyramids
and the city of Pompeii
• the etymology of time capsule
• the background and contents of the time capsule created for the 1939 New York World’s Fair
Then they WRITE
about contemporary items that they would include in a time capsule of today.
Also included is a list of ideas for further research.
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for middle school and high school classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties