Also included in
- This is a 1st Grade Full Year Digital Writing Curriculum and is step by step for first grade or Level 1 writers. It includes Narrative Writing, Opinion Writing and Informational Writing Units. Each unit included has differentiated lesson plans that even a substitute could follow. This will save you$44.50$57.25Save $12.75
- Are you needing a Year Long Writing Curriculum? This Writing Bundle is perfect for your 2nd Grade classroom. It is Step by Step, digital and fully differentiated. It follows the Writer's Workshop model but can be used without that as well. It will save you hundreds of hours of preparation and your s$45.50$70.50Save $25.00
Students will be able to learn the process of using various resources to write an information writing piece. One of the concepts they will use is close reading. The unit includes guidelines, lessons and a few close reading passages.
Informational writing can be a difficult concept to teach young writers. We have simplified the process by creating this all in one product with reading Informational Articles using Close Reading steps, making inferences and putting those together into an Informational Writing piece where your students will sure to be proud of their work.
All the work has been done for you and the steps are laid out so this unit is a HUGE time saver.
The unit is fully DIGITAL and PRINTABLE
Students will be able to learn the process of using a resource to write an informational writing piece. One of the concepts they will use is close reading. The unit includes guidelines, lessons and 6 close reading passages.
It is a rewarding concept to teach and can be taught in all grades. Making Inferences is a skill that must be taught and is used a lot all through schooling.
We have taken the process and simplified it to give students success for when they do research for other projects they have the skills.
This unit is designed to be used over and over.
- Step by Step lesson plans
- Digital and Printable Activities
- Detailed Lessons on how to use Close Reading
- Detailed Lessons on how to use Inferences with Writing
- 3 Different Leveled Inference Forms for differentiation
- 6 Different Close Reading Passages on Habitats and Animals (Differentiated to 3 levels between 1st & 2nd Grade)
- Differentiated Graphic Organizers
- Differentiated Writing Papers
In these lessons students take the information they already know on a topic, read the included informational article, add new information that they learned and combine the two like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they get a new sentences. Their sentences can be combined to make a new informative paragraph all written by them! These lessons really help the get started on informative writing.
This is not a one time activity, but one that will be used all year.
Fact I Knew: Geese have wings.
New Fact I read: Geese have a wing span of 5 feet.
Inference Sentence: Geese have wings and their wing span can get up to 5 feet.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey