Informational Writing Unit | Full Lesson Plans | Mentor Text Writing
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want your students to learn to become better writers? This bundle of lessons teaches informational, narrative, persuasive, and opinion writing pieces through high interest mentor texts and writing processes. There are also writing lessons for each type of writing to keep your teaching in writPrice $40.99Original Price $70.99Save $30.00
- This bundle contains 4 informational writing units with mentor texts. Each unit contains the full writing process with a mentor text, a research component, anchor charts, comprehension questions, and hands-on lessons. Check out the included products to see all the units that are included!The units cPrice $9.60Original Price $12.00Save $2.40
Do you want your students to master informational writing in an engaging way? This unit has full lesson plans to walk through a research project with the mentor text
, "What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?" By Sandra Markle. This unit focuses on informational writing, the writing process, and interactive learning.
In this lesson you teach students how to complete an information paragraph. You use the books to show examples of informational writing by comparing the fact pages to the fiction pages! Then, the students go through the writing process that connects to the book! This is beyond fun and engaging for your kiddos!
In this unit:
1. Full Lesson Plans for a two week unit
2. "What if you had Animal Hair?" Comprehension Questions & Lesson
3. "What if you had Animal Feet?" Comprehension Questions & Lesson
4. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use & A researching lesson
5. Pre-Writing & Rough Draft
6. Editing & Revising Checklists
7. Class Book Cover Page
8. Writing Pages set up like the books
What others are saying?!
Linda- I'm always looking for engaging writing projects for my students. My students enjoyed this.
Jennifer- This was a perfect writing activity to go with our science standard on animal structures.
Whitney- A great writing resource with everything you need from start to finish!
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with Who Would Win?
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!